Save with this coupon on your Benicar or Benicar HCT prescription.
Get group rate prescription discounts up to 50% on Benicar at CVS/pharmacy, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, Kmart, Kroger, and many other drug stores. There are over 56,000 major and private owned pharmacies in our network. Almost every drug store nationwide will accept this Benicar pharmacy coupon.
- Print your coupon, it's pre-activated.
- Bring it to your local pharmacy.
- Save on your prescription costs!
Pharmacy Coupons Are Good At The Following Pharamcies:
Benicar (Olmesartan) Drug Information
- Other Uses
- Special Dietary
- If I Forget
- Side Effects
- Storage Conditions
- Other Information
- Brand Names
Why is this medication prescribed?
Benicar (olmesartan) is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure in adults and children 6 years of age and older. Benicar (olmesartan) is in a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
How should this medicine be used?
Benicar (olmesartan) comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food. To help you remember to take Benicar (olmesartan), take it at around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take Benicar (olmesartan) exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
If your child can not swallow a tablet, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The pharmacist can prepare a liquid form of this medication for your child.
Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of Benicar (olmesartan) and may increase your dose after 2 weeks.
Benicar (olmesartan) controls high blood pressure but does not cure it. Your blood pressure may decrease during the first week of your treatment, but it may take up to 2 weeks before you notice the full benefit of Benicar (olmesartan). Continue to take Benicar (olmesartan) even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Benicar (olmesartan) without talking to your doctor.
Other uses for this medicine
Benicar (olmesartan) is also sometimes used to treat congestive heart failure (condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to the rest of the body) and diabetic nephropathy (kidney disease in people with diabetes and high blood pressure). Talk to your doctor about the possible risks of using this medication for your condition.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking Benicar (olmesartan):
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Benicar (olmesartan),any other medications, or any of the ingredients in Benicar (olmesartan) tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention diuretics ('water pills') and potassium supplements. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medication or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart failure, or kidney or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- you should know that Benicar (olmesartan) may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting when you get up too quickly from a lying position. This is more common when you first start taking Benicar (olmesartan). To help avoid this problem, get out of bed slowly, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing up.
- you should know that diarrhea, vomiting, not drinking enough fluids, and sweating a lot can cause a drop in blood pressure, which may cause lightheadedness and fainting. Tell your doctor if you have any of these problems or develop them during your treatment.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Do not use salt substitutes containing potassium without talking to your doctor. If your doctor prescribes a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Benicar (olmesartan) may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if this symptom is severe or does not go away:
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms or those listed in the SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section, call your doctor immediately:
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
Benicar (olmesartan) may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch] or by phone [1-800-332-1088].
What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
Symptoms of overdose may include:
- fast or slow heartbeat
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your blood pressure should be checked regularly to determine your response to Benicar (olmesartan).
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
NOTE: Content on RxPharmacyCoupons.com serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician.