Focalin XR Coupon
Save with this coupon on your Focalin or Focalin XR prescription.
Get group rate prescription discounts up to 50% on Focalin XR at CVS/pharmacy, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, Kmart, Kroger, and many other drug stores. There are 68,000 major and private owned pharmacies in our network accepting this Focalin XR pharmacy coupon.
- Show your pharmacist this coupon.
- Save on your medication costs!
- Use our coupons on all of your prescriptions.
- Print your coupon, it's pre-activated.
- Bring it to your local pharmacy.
- Save on your prescription costs!
Pharmacy Coupons Are Good At The Following Pharamcies:
Focalin XR (dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride) Drug Information
- Other Uses
- Special Dietary
- If I Forget
- Side Effects
- Storage Conditions
- Other Information
- Brand Names
Why is this medication prescribed?
Focalin XR is a CNS stimulant indicated for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in patients aged 6 years and older.
How should this medicine be used?
Focalin XR is for oral administration once daily in the morning.
Focalin XR is intended for oral administration once daily in the morning. Focalin XR capsules may be swallowed whole, or capsule contents can be sprinkled on applesauce. Focalin XR and/or their contents should not be crushed, chewed, or divided.
For patients new to methylphenidate: Begin treatment with Focalin XR at 5 mg/day for pediatrics and 10 mg/day for adults, titrating the dose weekly in 5 mg increments for pediatrics and in 10 mg increments for adults. Doses above 30 mg/day in children and 40 mg/day in adults have not been studied.
For patients already using methylphenidate: Initiate Focalin XR therapy with half (1/2) the current total daily dose of methylphenidate.
Patients already using Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) immediate release: switch to the same daily dose of Focalin XR.
Other uses for this medicine
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking Focalin, be aware of the following:
- Serious Cardiovascular Events:Sudden death has been reported in association with CNS stimulant treatment at usual doses in children and adolescents with structural cardiac abnormalities or other serious heart problems. Sudden death, stroke, and myocardial infarction have been reported in adults taking stimulant drugs at usual doses for ADHD. Stimulant products generally should not be used in patients with known structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, serious heart rhythm abnormalities, coronary artery disease, or other serious heart problems.
- Increased Blood Pressure and Heart Rate: have been reported. Monitor patients for changes in blood pressure and heart rate. Caution should be exercised in treating patients whose underlying medical conditions might be compromised by increases in blood pressure or heart rate
- Assess Cardiovascular Status: prior to stimulant treatment, assess for cardiac disease with history and exam and, if suggested by findings, conduct further cardiac evaluation. Patients with emerging symptoms suggestive of cardiac disease should undergo a prompt cardiac evaluation
- Psychotic Symptoms: may be exacerbated in patients with psychotic disorders
- Bipolar Disorder: Use with particular care in ADHD patients with comorbid Bipolar Disorder. Before initiating stimulant therapy, obtain a detailed psychiatric history for patients with comorbid depressive symptoms, in order to determine risk for Bipolar Disorder.
- Emergence of New Psychotic or Manic Symptoms: Treatment-emergent psychotic or manic symptoms without a prior history can be caused by stimulants at usual doses. Discontinuation of stimulant therapy may be indicated
- Aggression: Monitor for appearance of or worsening of aggressive behavior or hostility
- Long-Term Suppression of Growth: monitor height and weight in pediatric patients at appropriate intervals. Patients who are not growing or gaining weight as expected may need to have their treatment interrupted
- Seizures: The threshold for seizures may be lowered. In the presence of seizure, discontinue treatment.
- Visual Disturbance: difficulties with accommodation and blurring of vision have been reported with stimulant treatment
- Hematologic Monitoring: periodic monitoring of CBC with differential is advised during prolonged therapy
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Talk to your doctor about special diets while taking this medicine
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Focalin XR may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- upset stomach
- trouble sleeping
- decreased appetite
- dry mouth
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms or those listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING section or the SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section, call your doctor immediately:
- slowing of growth (height and weight) in children
- seizures, mainly in patients with a history of seizures
- eyesight changes or blurred vision
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of emergency/overdose
Signs and symptoms of acute methylphenidate overdosage, resulting principally from overstimulation of the CNS and from excessive sympathomimetic effects, may include the following: vomiting, agitation, tremors, hyperreflexia, muscle twitching, convulsions (may be followed by coma), euphoria, confusion, hallucinations, delirium, sweating, flushing, headache, hyperpyrexia, tachycardia, palpitations, cardiac arrhythmias, hypertension, mydriasis, and dryness of mucous membranes.
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor may order certain lab tests to check your body's response to ziprasidone.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
- Focalin XR
NOTE: Content on RxPharmacyCoupons.com serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician.