Get group rate prescription discounts up to 50% on Vytorin at CVS/pharmacy, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, Kmart, Kroger, and many other drug stores. There are over 56,000 major and private owned pharmacies in our network. Almost every drug store nationwide will accept this Vytorin pharmacy coupon.
- Print your coupon, it's pre-activated.
- Bring it to your local pharmacy.
- Save on your prescription costs!
Pharmacy Coupons Are Good At The Following Pharamcies:
Vytorin (Ezetimibe and Simvastatin.) Drug Information
- Special Dietary
- If I Forget
- Side Effects
- Storage Conditions
- Other Information
- Brand Names
Why is this medication prescribed?
Vytorin is used to treat high cholesterol in adults and children who are at least 10 years old.
How should this medicine be used?
The usual dose of VYTORIN is 10/10 mg to 10/40 mg 1 time each day.
VYTORIN 10/80 mg increases your chance of developing muscle damage. The 10/80 mg dose should only be used by people who:
- have been taking VYTORIN 10/80 mg chronically (such as 12 months or more) without having muscle damage
- do not need to take certain other medicines with VYTORIN that would increase your chance of getting muscle damage.
What special precautions should I follow?
Do not take VYTORIN if you take:
- Do not take VYTORIN if you take itraconazole, itraconazole or itraconazole
- HIV protease inhibitors (indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, tipranavir, or atazanavir)
- Certain antibiotics, including erythromycin, clarithromycin or telithromycin
- A fibric acid medicine for lowering cholesterol called gemfibrozil
Ask your doctor if you are not sure if your medicine is listed above.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Taking VYTORIN with certain substances can increase the risk of muscle problems. It is especially important to tell your doctor if you take:
- large quantities of grapefruit juice (more than 1 quart daily)
- drink substantial quantities of alcohol or ever had liver problems. VYTORIN may not be right for you.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
If you miss a dose, do not take an extra dose. Just resume your usual schedule.
What side effects can this medication cause?
See your doctor regularly to check your cholesterol level and to check for side effects. Your doctor may do blood tests to check your liver before you start taking VYTORIN and during treatment.
In clinical studies patients reported the following common side effects while taking VYTORIN: headache, muscle pain, and diarrhea (see What should I tell my doctor before and while taking VYTORIN?).
The following side effects have been reported in general use with VYTORIN or with ezetimibe or simvastatin tablets (tablets that contain the active ingredients of VYTORIN):
- allergic reactions including swelling of the face, lips, tongue, and/or throat that may cause difficulty in breathing or swallowing (which may require treatment right away), rash, hives; raised red rash, sometimes with target-shaped lesions; joint pain; muscle pain; alterations in some laboratory blood tests; liver problems (sometimes serious); inflammation of the pancreas; nausea; dizziness; tingling sensation; depression; gallstones; inflammation of the gallbladder; trouble sleeping; poor memory; erectile dysfunction; breathing problems including persistent cough and/or shortness of breath or fever.
Tell your doctor if you are having these or any other medical problems while on VYTORIN. This is not a complete list of side effects. For a complete list, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of emergency/overdose
Contact your doctor immediately.
What other information should I know?
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for conditions that are not mentioned in patient information leaflets. Do not use VYTORIN for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give VYTORIN to other people, even if they have the same condition you have. It may harm them.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
This summarizes the most important information about VYTORIN. If you would like more information, talk with your doctor. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about VYTORIN that is written for health professionals. For additional information, visit the following web site: vytorin.com.
NOTE: Content on RxPharmacyCoupons.com serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician.